Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
Welcome to Jasmine’s Workout Wednesdays. As a mom, I know how hard it is to fit in time for yourself. So each week I’ll feature a new workout that’s easy to do and requires minimal time. Let’s pledge to spend at least 10 minutes a day to better our health, and together we can do this!
There are so many ways to burn calories during the day, especially if you have children. With the warm weather here, families tend to spend more time outdoors doing fun activities with their children. For me personally, I find it difficult to fit in actual workouts daily, so I have come up with a list of fun activities I do with my children daily that will help me lose the calories and the fat! Not only will these help keep my weight in check, it will also allow me to spend some fun times with my children and make some wonderful memories.
- Jump Rope
- Hop Scotch
- Hula Hoop
- Bike Ride
- Have a race
- Have a dance party in the living room
- Ditch the car and walk to the store, park and school
- Go for a swim
- Jump on the bed
- Build an olympics course in your backyard and join in the fun
- Make a smoothie at home instead of going out for ice cream.
- Head to the park and play a sport (baseball, basketball, soccer or football)
If your child is too young to enjoy the activities above, here are some great suggestions:
- Go on an evening stroll with your stroller
- Dust off your jogging stroller and hit the pavement
- Go for a bike ride, there are many bike seats available, my favorite is the Wee Ride. Your child’s attached seat is in the front of your bike and not the back.
- Join a fun group like Stroller Strides.
- Go Swimming. There are a lot of swimming devices to help your little one float, so you both can cool down and you can burn some calories while swimming with your little one.
- While holding your little one, do some squats. This has always been my favorite. My son likes to be held, but only while I am standing, so I decided to get in my workout while putting him to sleep.
- When your child starts to crawl, chances are he/she will crawl on top of you when you are laying down. I take this opportunity to do crunches. While I am laying on the floor my little guy (who still does this at age 2) crawls halfway on my stomach, every time I lean up for my crunch he laughs and gives me a kiss. We do this repeatedly every time I lean up for my crunch until I have finished my crunches.
Do you have any to add to the list? What are your favorite ways to burn calories while playing with your children?