Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
It is so important to make sure our kids are getting the healthy snacks they need for their very active lives. We put so much thought into school supplies that we often don’t think about what’s really important— the snacks they are eating while at school as well as before and after. I know for my family, I am always battling to find healthy snacks that the kids will enjoy. I found two bars that my kids love and that are packed with protein powder: A3 bars and Nogii kids bars.
The nogii kids bars are definitely a favorite in our house.
They are gluten free, contain no nuts, no dairy, are all natural and have 490 mg of OMEGA’s in one bar! Plus, you can get it in chocolate chip so the kids won’t realize the bar is actually a healthy snack.
The A3 bars are also delicious and my kids enjoyed the Honey Graham S’mores.
A3 bars are gluten-free, all natural, have a super yummy taste and the Honey Graham S’mores are made with Manuka Honey.
Soy protein is important as it helps support healthy growth and development while fighting against childhood obesity. Additionally, incorporating high-quality proteins, such as soy protein, into children’s diets supports their immune systems. Here are some other beneficial reasons to include soy protein in your child’s diet:
- Soy protein is a high‐quality, plant‐based protein derived from soybeans
- Soy protein supports healthy growth and development
- Because of its ability to impact satiety, soy protein can help in managing a healthy weight in children
- Soy protein is a healthy alternative for children with milk, egg or peanut allergies
- Incorporating high-quality proteins, such as soy protein, into children’s diets supports immune health
You can find soy protein benefits in other items, not just snacks. MorningStar Farms makes a variety of breakfast products parents can surprise and delight their children with in the morning, such as their MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties, which contain 10 grams of protein per serving. Ideally, children should get around 20 grams of protein at breakfast.
If your family loves taco night, try substituting all or even half the amount of beef you’d use in a recipe with Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™.
Relevant Website Links:
- MorningStar Farms: https://www.morningstarfarms.
- A3 Bars: http://nowa3.com/
- Nogii Kids Bars: http://www.nogii.com/
Want to win all items mentioned above?
U.S. Residents can enter to win a prize pack that includes:
- One coupon for a MorningStar Farms product
- One A3 Honey Graham S’mores bar
- One Nogii Kids Chocolate Chip bar
- One “Soy Satisfying” Lunch Cooler
Disclosure: The products, information and two gift packs have been provided by DuPont Nutrition and Health