My family and I love cottage cheese. It is usually our go-to for snacks as it’s a healthier alternative to most items found at the super market. Nothing like enjoying some cottage cheese with fruit mixed in to help fuel our energy during the day. Some of you may shudder at the thought of eating cottage cheese and actually enjoying it- but I am here to tell you, you have never had anything like Friendship Cottage Cheese.
Throughout the next few weeks we will be sharing some delicious and healthy recipes using Friendship Cottage Cheese. Today, we are featuring Zucchini and Cheese Fritters with Green Goddess Dressing. This recipe is not only easy, but is kid-friendly!
Zucchini and Cheese Fritters with Green Goddess Dressing
- Zucchini and Cheese Fritters
- 2 zucchini (about 1 lb), grated1/2 cup Friendship 1% whipped cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 scallions (whites and greens), thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour, plus more if necessary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Green Goddess Dressing (makes 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup Friendship cottage cheese (any variety)
- 1/3 cup Friendship sour cream
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/3 cup picked parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons picked tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons picked mint leaves (check this increase – I thought we were reducing the tarragon and leaving the mint to 1 tablespoon)
- 1 large garlic clove roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place zucchini in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let rest for ten minutes, then squeeze out and discard as much excess moisture as possible.
- Add cottage cheese, feta cheese, parsley, basil, scallions, egg, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder and add, stirring until incorporated and a thick batter is formed.
- Heat 1 inch of canola oil in a 9-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches add batter 1 tablespoonful at a time, gently flattening fritters in pan, being careful not to crowd pan. Fry until golden, 3 minutes per side. Drain and cool briefly on paper towels. Serve with Green Goddess Dressing.
Recipe developed by Adeena Sussman
To learn more about Friendship Dairies please visit their website at: www.friendshipdairies.com.
* We were not compensated to feature Friendship cottage cheese, just sharing my love for a healthy snack/meal!