You know those recipes of your mom’s that you turn to time and again? The ones that will never fail you and always please a crowd? This is one of those.
Spoon bread is one of my favorite side dishes to bring to a potluck or make for a big holiday dinner. It is a great side to an Easter ham, but also wonderful to bring to backyard barbecue of ribs and brisket.
So what is spoon bread? It’s the most delicious, moist melt-in-your-mouth corn bread you’ll ever taste! And it is the easiest thing in the world to make!
- 2 eggs
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained (8 oz)
- 1 can creamed corn (8 oz)
- 1 box corn bread mix (I used Jiffy)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 stick melted butter
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs together slightly.
- Mix (by hand) eggs with all other ingredients in a medium bowl until combined.
- Pour into casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle cheddar over the top. Put back in to bake for 10 more minutes.