Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
You know those recipes of your mom’s that you turn to time and again? The ones that will never fail you and always please a crowd? This is one of those.
Spoon bread is one of my favorite side dishes to bring to a potluck or make for a big holiday dinner. It is a great side to an Easter ham, but also wonderful to bring to backyard barbecue of ribs and brisket.
So what is spoon bread? It’s the most delicious, moist melt-in-your-mouth corn bread you’ll ever taste! And it is the easiest thing in the world to make!
- 2 eggs
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained (8 oz)
- 1 can creamed corn (8 oz)
- 1 box corn bread mix (I used Jiffy)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 stick melted butter
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs together slightly.
- Mix (by hand) eggs with all other ingredients in a medium bowl until combined.
- Pour into casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle cheddar over the top. Put back in to bake for 10 more minutes.