I love how different seasons bring about different types of fresh fruits and vegetables to the dinner menu. Last year, after hearing so many friends talk about how much they all love spaghetti squash, we finally took the plunge and tried it. I must admit, I was skeptical because I love pasta. I couldn’t figure out how the words squash and spaghetti could possibly go together and taste good. Well, let me be the first to tell you–if you are skeptical like me, don’t be! Your whole family will love spaghetti squash and you can eat it without the guilt of adding another pasta dish to your menu.
Most of my friends said to simply cook the spaghetti squash and add your favorite sauce (homemade or not!) for the meal. But I like to change things up a bit, add more flavor and a little bit of spice. My favorite recipe for spaghetti squash that I’ve done is Spaghetti Squash with Feta Cheese. Simple and full of flavor!
Spaghetti Squash with Feta Cheese
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Pkg Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cut the ends off the spaghetti squash. Then cut it straight down the middle.
- Mix olive oil and garlic in a bowl.
- Brush garlic and oil over the cut edges of the spaghetti squash.
- Season the squash with salt and pepper.
- Place spaghetti squash face down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 425º
- Heat spaghetti sauce in a saucepan on low
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the shell using a fork
- Top spaghetti squash with sauce and Feta Cheese and serve