Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
Easy and adorable Rattle Cupcakes. Perfect for any baby shower! These literally too 30 min to make and were so cute.
I made my vanilla cupcakes from scratch using Martha Stewarts Recipe.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with liners; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until incorporated; scrape down sides of bowl, and beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about three-quarters full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
After the cupcakes are cooled it is time for decorating. I used Betty Crocker’s Cherry Frosting for the tops. I normally make my own from scratch but was on a time limit and the cherry was already pink, so that worked out great. I purchased the Lollipop sticks from my local Michaels craft store and the large Wilton Sprinkles. The ribbon was bought for $.99 at the Dollar Store.
I first tied the bows around all of the sticks, then put one in each cupcake. Then I added the sprinkles last, I also used smarties candies on a few because I had them left over. Either will work just fine.