Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
Over the last year I found a love of brussels sprouts that has left me wondering why I never enjoyed them when I was younger. When cooked right, they are both sweet and tender.
I have been experimenting with different ways on how to cook my brussels sprouts and just last night I think I made them better than I ever have. You don’t need many ingredients, just a few to bring out the delicious flavor. These were a huge hit in my house that my son even asked for seconds. WHAT?! Yep, they are that good!
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Olive Oil and Lemon Zest
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Trim away the stem ends of the brussels sprouts and cut lengthwise in half.
- In a large frying pan, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the brussels sprouts, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently and reducing heat as needed to prevent scorching, until the brussels sprouts are tender and slightly browned (around 7-8 minutes).
- Stir in the lemon juice and cook for 1 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.
Looking for more vegetable sides? Check out these recipes:
* Recipe adapted from Williams-Sonoma Eat Well.