Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
Back in October I attended Social Media on the Sand. It’s a conference for social media influencers and was held at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa. Not only was this my first time attending the conference, but it was also my first time at a Beaches Resort. During the conference we learned about some incredible things, but one that stood out the most was the Sandals Foundation.
The Sandals Foundation was created with a mission: they seek to help fulfill the promise of the Caribbean community through investment in sustainable projects in education; environment and community which improve people’s lives and preserve our natural surroundings.
The wonderful people behind Sandal Resorts/ Beaches Resorts know that by building resorts in the Caribbean and employing residents, they have a bigger responsibility and are committed to making a difference.
So how are they giving back?
The Sandals Foundation Board meets periodically to raise funds, consider and approve spending those funds across the Caribbean under their focus areas of Community, Education and Environment.
They also have 9,000 team members across the region that are made up of the residence of the communities they serve— after all, no one knows better than they do, the challenges faced every day in their neighborhoods.
The Sandals Foundation provides help for:
- Community: Uplifting, engaging and empowering through community programs.
- Education: Reaching our full potential through the efforts of educational programs.
- Environment: Preserving and nurturing our unique surroundings through environmental programs.
How can you help?
There are a few different ways to help the Sandals Foundation.
1. Donate. You can always donate funds to the Foundation directly by visiting their donation tab on their website or mailing a check.
2. Spread the word. If you can’t donate, that is fine. But we encourage you to spread the word, because Sandals Resort/ Beaches Resort is so much more than just an amazing vacation destination. They are making a difference.
3. Attend a Reading Road Trip. Planning a vacation at a Sandals Resort or Beaches Resort? During your trip, you can spend a small fraction of your time by helping the community in the location you are visiting.
The Sandals Foundation launched the Reading Road Trip back in 2011. The trip, which takes place every Thursday, is available through Island Routes Adventure Tours and allows guests to visit a Foundation adopted school and lend literacy support to students. The tour takes visitors on a stimulating volunteer travel experience, during which they are invited to spend time with children at the primary and early childhood levels. Guests are guided by a structured program that addresses recognition of sight words, listening, comprehension and reading.
If attending a Reading Road Trip sounds like something you’d like to experience and aren’t sure which resort to vacation, here are 21 Reasons Why You Need to Visit Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages and Spa.
To learn more about the Sandals Foundation, please visit: www.sandalsfoundation.org.
You can also stay connected on social media: