Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
So, you know that time of year when Starbucks rolls out their Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate and Salted Caramel Mocha?
They do that at the holidays. Well, it’s May and I STILL like salted caramels and chocolate combined to make a salty sweet party in my mouth. So I make do.
In fact, I make brownies. Brownies are probably my favorite chocolate treat, and they are so dangerous around my house. I will inhale them. So when I decided that I missed me some Salted Caramel Mochas and wanted a treat, I started combining ideas I had used before to make the ULTIMATE brownie. Perfectly chocolate, with a soft caramel center surrounded by oozing chocolate (think lava cake!) and topped off with a little salt. Oh. Oh. Do yourself a favor and make a batch.
|Salted Caramel Mocha Brownies||
- 1 Box Brownie Mix with ingredients to prepare
- 2-3 Tbsp Instant Coffee
- 12 rolos, unwrapped
- Salt (I like to use coarse salt for this)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Spray cupcake pans with cooking spray, or add liners.
- Mix the dry brownie mix with the coffee. Add in the wet ingredients called for on the box.
- Spoon brownie batter into the cupcake pans, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Add a Rolo in the center of each brownie.
- Top each off with the remaining batter, just enough to cover the Rolo.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until firm at the center.
- Best served warm with a glass of cold milk.
Feel free to use a box of “Mocha Brownies” if you can find them, rather than adding the instant coffee
These did not last long in my house this weekend! Perfect treat to satisfy your sweet OR salty cravings, and they are pre-portioned for easy serving!