There’s often times that I look at the clock and realize it is almost dinner time and I have yet to start on anything. There are certain meals that have become my go-to when I need a quick meal that the whole family gobbles up.
One of our favorite go-to meals when I am on a time crunch is this taco casserole. Not only is it completely easy to make, but it is also something that is hard to mess up. You can add or omit as much or as little as you like.
The stacked layer of flavors blend so well together. If you are in need of a really quick, easy and delicious meal, give this taco casserole a try!
Quick and Easy Taco Casserole Recipe
- 25 Chips, broken into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 lb Ground Turkey (or ground chicken)
- 2 tbs Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Black Beans, drained
- 1 cup Salsa, your preference
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Optional: Other toppings like: Guacamole, Sour Cream, Olives, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil on large pan. Sautee onions and garlic until soft. Add meat and taco season until cooked.
- In the same pan add black beans and salsa. Mix thoroughly.
- Spray the inside of a large baking dish with a little nonstick spray, then line the baking dish with tortilla chips. This will help the chips not to stick to the bottom.
- Spread the meat/bean mixture over the chips evenly.
- Top with shredded cheese and other toppings that you want cooked.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with the remainder of toppings (ie: guacamole, sour cream)