This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
I don’t know about you all, but I LOVE the Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana Soup. My mother-in-law makes a great at-home version of it, and it is absolutely the most delicious, creamy soup!
For those that don’t know the greatness of this soup, it is a creamy soup with potatoes, sausage and kale and tastes delicious!
It’s not exactly something I can make on the fly though, so on nights when I want that sausage and kale taste, I make this pasta dish instead. This is an easy 30 minute (or less, really) recipe that can be made quickly after work and you can have a tasty, well-rounded family meal in no time!
- 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage**
- 1 box Shaped Pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine (Chardonnay or Cabernet Sauvignon work well)
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 bunch/bag fresh spinach* (OR about 6-10oz frozen)
- Cook pasta according to box directions.
- Place sausage, onions and garlic into a hot pan and cook until sausage is cooked through and onions are translucent. Add wine to the pan and cook for about two minutes, then add chicken broth and cook for about two more minutes. Add spinach to the pan (if using fresh, it will seem like the pan is overflowing, but just stuff it in there—it will wilt) and cover, cooking six to eight minutes or until the spinach is wilted or heated through if using frozen.
- Mix the sausage and spinach mixture into the pasta and serve topped with Parmesan cheese.