This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Sometimes holiday baking can be overwhelming with elaborate cookies, time-consuming candy-making and over-the-top cakes. But they don’t have to be.
If you want a simple treat to serve up to the kids some night while you’re wrapping presents or watching holiday movies, this is your recipe!
After trying pretty much every mug cake recipe out there, I tried one they called a 3-2-1 cake. There’s tons of recipes out there for it, and they all say that this is an easy, tasty cake. So I tried it and it was ALMOST what I was looking for. So I tweaked it one notch and added my secret weapon that goes into any cake I make (instant pudding!) and it was PERFECT! Delish! Once you make the basic mix, you have a stock in your pantry that you just need to add water to and microwave.
This is one recipe even Santa will love!
- 1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 box ANY flavor Cake mix
- 1 small box instant pudding (in same flavor as the cake mix OR a flavor that compliments the cake mix flavor)
- Optional toppings:
- Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Mix the powders from all three boxes until completely mixed. Place into a sealable container and store in your pantry or a cool, dry place until ready to use.
- To Make Cake:
- In a mug (or any microwave safe bowl), mix 3 tablespoons of the pre-made mix and 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 1 minute. Enjoy.
- Take it up a notch!
- I love to drizzle caramel over my chocolate flavored mix before I cook it! It bakes into the cake for an extra YUM factor! Top it with whipped cream while still warm and you won’t regret it.
Try different flavor combinations! I loved using a strawberry cake mix with vanilla pudding. Mmmmmm. But every flavor cake works, just make sure you ALWAYS use the Angel Food Cake as your second cake mix.
This also makes for the perfect little neighbor gift, or a treat to give at the holidays! Just fill a small mason jar with some of the pre-made mix, and include the instructions on how to cook!