This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Summer is almost here, and you know what that means—open-toed shoes! Or better yet, flip flops! It also means it’s pedicure time! There’s nothing more relaxing than a nice, luxurious pedicure. Unfortunately, the time and money to get a pedicure every few weeks are sometimes tough to come by.
When I’m in a pinch and don’t have the time (or dough) to spend getting a pedicure, I use an old trick to get that freshly polished look. Below are the steps to painting your own toes to look like they came right out of the salon.
Start this pedicure in the evening an hour or two before you go to bed.
- Remove any old polish and start with clean, bare toes.
2. Select a color and paint on your first coat. Don’t worry about precision. Just slop it on so the nails are completely covered. If you get it on your skin, just leave it. Do not use polish remover to clean up your edges!
3. Let first coat dry for a few minutes and repeat step two with a second coat and a clear top coat, drying between coats.
4. Watch some TV, read a book, have some dessert. Then go to bed (your toes should be completely dry at this point and look awful).
5. The next morning, in the shower, wait five or ten minutes until your skin has softened, then reach down and gently scrape the polish off the skin around your toenails with your fingernail. Keep rubbing and scraping until all polish around nails is gone.
6. That’s it! You’ve done it and nobody will ever know you didn’t go to a professional!