This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Nothing says summer like an ice cream sundae! And I loooooove a good sundae on a hot day. However, I don’t love the calories that come with it!
Fortunately, my favorite brand of ice cream—Dreyer’s (also branded Edy’s in some parts of the country) makes a ton of flavors in their Slow Churned, Light ice cream (although you’d never know it’s light from the taste)!
My favorite is Peanut Butter Cup—vanilla ice cream with peanut butter cups and swirls of peanut butter … what’s not to love?
Although I LOVE this ice cream all by itself, when I’m feeling really decadent or have something to celebrate, I turn it into the ultimate ice cream sundae.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
• Dreyer’s Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup ice cream
• Hot fudge
• Peanut Butter
- Crumble brownies into bottom of bowl.
- Put a tablespoon of peanut butter and a tablespoon of hot fudge together in a bowl. Microwave 15 seconds and then stir to combine.
- Scoop Peanut Butter Cup ice cream on top of brownies and drizzle with hot fudge/peanut butter mixture.
Here are a few other variations on this sundae that I love:
• Peanut Butter Caramel Sundae: Top ice cream with caramel and chopped peanuts for a salty-sweet treat!
• Ice Cream Sandwich: Make a batch of rice crispy treats and add peanut butter to melted marshmallows. Sandwich Peanut Butter Cup ice cream in between peanut butter rice crispy treats.
• Peanut Butter Cup Banana Split: Slice a banana lengthwise, add a few scoops Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. Drizzle with peanut butter/chocolate topping (see above), chocolate chips and chopped peanuts. Top with whipped cream!
Dreyer’s® Slow Churned Light Ice Cream is churned slowly for all the rich & creamy taste of regular ice cream, but with half the fat and one-third fewer calories. Now that’s a reason to smile. Give a smile with Operation Smile: https://www.facebook.com/DreyersIceCream. For every ice cream smile captured in a photo and uploaded to Dreyer’s Facebook page, Slow Churned will donate $5 to Operation Smile. By the end of the summer, the goal is to give away more than 25,000 scoops of ice cream, capture 25,000 ice cream smiles and gift 500 surgeries/smiles to children in-need.
Compensation was provided by Nestle via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nestle.”