This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Recently, I was cleaning out our refrigerator and pantry before a big move and came across some vanilla Greek yogurt and a quart of strawberries. I also had a ton of baking ingredients to use up, so I decided to try a batch of yogurt muffins.
I searched online for a basic recipe, and once I found one, I adapted it to the ingredients I had. The results were fantastic! These muffins were moist, sweet (but not too sweet) and very versatile.
Use any kind of fruit or yogurt you happen to have. Swap out the almond extract for vanilla if your fruit is more suited to that, or use a lemon extract and yogurt for a citrus muffin!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 (6 oz) container vanilla Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 and combine dry ingredients in medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in separate bowl and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until completely combined (Note: this is a very thick batter).
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.