This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
I love how different seasons bring about different types of fresh fruits and vegetables to the dinner menu. Last year, after hearing so many friends talk about how much they all love spaghetti squash, we finally took the plunge and tried it. I must admit, I was skeptical because I love pasta. I couldn’t figure out how the words squash and spaghetti could possibly go together and taste good. Well, let me be the first to tell you–if you are skeptical like me, don’t be! Your whole family will love spaghetti squash and you can eat it without the guilt of adding another pasta dish to your menu.
Most of my friends said to simply cook the spaghetti squash and add your favorite sauce (homemade or not!) for the meal. But I like to change things up a bit, add more flavor and a little bit of spice. My favorite recipe for spaghetti squash that I’ve done is Spaghetti Squash with Feta Cheese. Simple and full of flavor!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 jar or spaghetti sauce (or homemade sauce)
- Olive oil
- Feta cheese
- Fresh garlic
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cut the ends off the spaghetti squash. Then cut it straight down the middle. Season the squash with salt and pepper.
- Mix olive oil and fresh garlic. Drizzle a layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake the spaghetti squash, face down on the pan, for 45 min-1 hour. The squash should come out of the shell easily with a spoon or fork.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the shell. Serve with sauce and feta cheese.