This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
If you're in need of an easy, but crowd pleasing appetizer, I have just the recipe for you! I take this to nearly every party I attend and never have left overs. It's great for busy people who like to make things ahead. The roll-ups need to sit for at least an hour, but can be left on the fridge overnight.
The fun part of this recipe is customizing it. Start with the recipe bellow, and change it up! If you want extra spice, try using a can of chopped jalapenos instead of green chilies. For a lighter version, use light cream cheese and sour cream. Use green salsa or fire roasted salsa for variety, and add a chopped chipotle for smokey spice. It's up to you!
Making Southwest Roll-Ups couldn't be easier...
Just beat the cream cheese and sour cream with a hand mixer....
Stir in the other ingredients...
Spread the mixture on tortillas...
Roll up and refrigerate. Cut before serving...
Southwest Roll-Up Appetizers
Author: Simply Real Moms
Recipe type: Appetizer
An easy and tasty appetizer than can be made ahead and kept in the fridge over night. Always a crowd pleaser!
- 2 (8oz.) packages cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 (8oz.) container of sour cream
- 1 (4.5oz.) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (4.5oz.) can chopped olives
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese (or a mix of your favorites)
- 3 Tablespoons salsa (any kind you like!)
- 5 green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 1 cup chopped fresh baby spinach (frozen won't work very well)
- 18-10 large (burrito size) flour tortillas
- In a large mixing bowl, blend sour cream and cream cheese with a hand mixer on medium-low.
- Add green chilies, olives, pepper jack and salsa. Blend with hand mixer on medium-low until combined.
- Fold in chopped spinach.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over each tortilla, being careful to spread to the very edges of the tortilla.
- Roll each tortilla up, place on a plate and cover with saran wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour - up to overnight.
- To cut - trim the ends of the tortilla roll-ups and cut into one inch chunks. Serve as-is or with more salsa for dipping.