This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
This Chicken recipe is used for so many different dishes in our home: tacos, burritos, quesadillas, salads and even paninis! It’s perfectly tender and juicy with the perfect blend of spices to make the most delicious meals.
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 small Can Chicken Broth
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning (or a few tablespoons of Homemade Seasoning)
- 7 oz Can Roasted Diced Green Chilies
- Place chicken into your slow cooker and cover with broth and taco seasoning.
- Cook on low for 4 -5 hours.
- Shred chicken and add the whole can of chilies (don’t drain).
- Mix everything together and let cook for an additional 30 minutes before serving.
This can be done on the stove faster! Use a second can of broth and boil the chicken in the 2 cans of broth until cooked, about 25 minutes. Then remove all but about 1 cup of broth, add the taco seasoning and shred the chicken. Add the chilies and let simmer on low heat covered for 15+ minutes.