This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
With June being National Hamburger Month, we wanted to share a super simple way to celebrate with a dinner that will take about 20 minutes start to finish, making it an easy way to have a delicious dinner on a weeknight! Even better? The entire meal only cost about $10 thanks to the affordability of Walmart!
I make a version of this dinner every once in a while and it’s a family favorite. My mom had made it often when I was little, and I now make it for my kids. I usually make everything separately, then layer and bake for 30 minutes but on those nights where I’m strapped for time this is perfect!
To make this Skillet Pepperoni Pizza Pasta dish, you’ll need Tomato Basil Penne Hamburger Helper®, Mozzerella Cheese, Pepperonis, Ground Beef and half of a large (or 1 whole small) yellow onion, chopped.
First, you need to cook the ground beef and onions in a skillet and drain the excess drippings. Add the sauce packet and pasta from the Hamburger Helper® box and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle on the Mozzerella Cheese, then a layer of Pepperonis (and feel free to add more of your favorite pizza toppings! This is delicious with green peppers, pineapple and mushrooms too!). Sprinkle a little more cheese, and even a little parmesean if you’d like (we like that!). Cover again and let cook on low for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and pepperonis are heated through. This was a hit in our house and it was so good my husband had the leftovers for lunch the next day! Enjoy with your family while YOU celebrate National Hamburger Month!
Skillet Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
- 1 box Hamburger Helper® Tomato Basil Penne
- 1 lb lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Large Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 3 c Hot Water
- 1 c Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesean Cheese (optional)
- Brown ground beef with the onions in a skillet and cook until onions are clear, drain.
- Add Hamburger Helper® Sauce Mix, pasta and hot water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and a layer of pepperonis. Add more cheese and sprinkle with parmesean cheese if you prefer.
- Cover and let cook for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.