This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Fall is coming soon, but it sure does NOT have to be cold outside to enjoy this delicious treat for dinner! It is so yummy, and if you leave out the pasta it is Paleo friendly too! Make it for your family and it’s sure to be added to the meal plan rotation.
- 4-6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 14 oz. can of coconut milk
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes and juice
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1½ cups of spaghetti sauce
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box of frozen or 1 bag of fresh spinach
- 1½ cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup of small (I use Ditalini) pasta, cooked
- Place all ingredients up until the salt/pepper into a crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours. Shred the chicken in the pot.
- Stir in spinach, veggies and pasta, cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted/cooked.
This stew is so perfect with a nice chunk of fresh french bread or even a corn muffin on the side!
Recipe adapted from River North Paleo Girl’s Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Tomato Soup