This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
With school starting back up, I am prepping my weekly menus filled with easy to make healthy meals. School nights are busy and sometimes hectic as we do homework and prepare for the next school day so I plan on preparing meals that don’t take too long but are healthy and filling.
This Sausage and Broccoli Rigatoni is a favorite in our house. It is ready in under 30 minutes and is so simple and delicious!
The Sausage and Broccoli Rigatoni makes great leftovers too! I tend to distribute it into meal plan containers so that I have lunch pre-made for a few days.
- 1lb Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- ½ Cup White Wine
- ½ Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Large Head of Broccoli, Cut Into Florets (Frozen is fine too)
- 1lb Rigatoni
- Black Pepper
- Prepare pasta according to directions, set aside.
- In a saucepan, cook sausage and onions until sausage is browned and onions are translucent.
- Add wine to saucepan, let simmer for about a minute and then add chicken stock.
- Add Broccoli to the sausage mixture and stir. Bring heat down to low and cover, letting simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss pasta into the sausage and broccoli mixture.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!