This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Fall is upon us, and for different people it means many different things. Have you seen the cartoon making it’s rounds that says “You know it’s fall when Starbucks releases the Pumpkin Spice Latte” ?
I am a huge pumpkin fan! I love anything pumpkin, and the “PSL” is a delicious all treat that is sure to curb any pumkin cravings you may have, but it will run you about $4-$5 EACH TIME! That’s a little pricey, especially when the Simply Real Moms test kitchen spent hours perfecting a recipe that is so similar it was hard to tell the difference, and we made it for a fraction of the price!
When I say “test kitchen”, I mean it! We had Starbucks’ version of the Pumpkin Spice Latte and we would try different mixtures of ingredients and taste test the different drinks up against the Starbucks PSL. The kitchen was a mess of coffee spills and whipped cream, but after a while we found the perfect combination and we are so excited to share our recipe with you!
- 1/2 Cup Strong Coffee or Espresso
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Whipped Cream
- Mix together Milk, Vanilla, Canned Pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie Spice and Sugar together in saucepan and heat it to a froth while stirring (you can also heat it in the microwave for about 1-1.5 mins, but you’ll get a much better froth on the stovetop). Do Not Boil.
- Pour Milk Mixture into a mug and add Coffee, stirring until combined.
- For a creamier and sweeter version (Just like Starbucks) add a bit of Sweetened Condensed Milk, about 1 Tablespoon or to your liking.
- Top with Whipped Cream and sprinkle a little Pumpkin Pie Spice overtop.
Now, opening an entire can of pumpkin seems a little ridiculous for one cup of coffee, right? Here’s our secret- Freeze the remainder of your pumpkin in 2 Tablespoon portions so that you can just add 1 cube of pumpkin to your milk mixture when you make your Pumkin Spice Latte!