This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
I love pancakes! That being said, I’ve also been trying to stay healthy, eat more protein, and have breakfasts that will give me the energy to get through the morning. Mornings at home with two kids as a single mom-then to school teaching 1st grade, I need all the help I can get from a good breakfast! That’s why I love these protein-packed pancakes. I’ve made them a few times now, tweaking the recipe each time. I made the pancakes again this weekend and they were the best yet! Moist, filling, and full of flavor, these pancakes don’t need syrup (and even are fine without the little dollop of whipped cream on top). I either put some honey on top or a little bit of butter and–voila–perfect!
These pumpkin pancakes take about 10 minutes to mix together and another 10-15 (depending on the thickness of your pancakes) to bake. When I make these pancakes, I make them dollar-sized (not full plate pancakes). Two fill me up for a morning and I am able to freeze the rest. One batch makes about 10-12 pancakes. 25 minutes of cooking can give you breakfast for 5 days! Just pop two in the toaster in the morning every morning!
Perfect Flourless Protein Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup almond butter (or one 14 oz jar of almond butter)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 5 eggs (or 4 if they are extra large)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2/ tsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine all the ingredients in one bowl. If you only used 4 eggs and are finding the mixture thick, add another egg. This will make the mixture easier to stir and your pancakes fluffier.
- Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Scoop the batter onto the baking sheets, forming 5-6 per tray.
- Allow to bake for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your batter. Start checking on the pancakes after 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with some honey drizzled on top!