This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
This post is sponsored by Country Crock®, but all opinions are my own.
I don’t know about you, but I am so excited that we are back in the holiday season! A time for family, friends, fun and good food! One of my favorite traditions with my kids is to bake dozens and dozens of cookies with the fireplace on and Christmas carols on the radio. Only problem is that with my young boys, the wait time in between the different recipes is an open invitation to forget about the baking and find the toys.
This year, we are trying something new and fun that not only makes holiday baking simpler but allows each of my kids to add a little creativity to our cookies! We’ll be using the Country Crock®Make It Yours™ cookie recipe to create several different kinds of cookies without too much extra effort. The Make It Yours™ recipe is the perfect cookie dough base and you add 1-2 cups of custom mix-ins to make your own custom cookies! My oldest wants to add sprinkles, chocolate candies and marshmallows to his, while my middle guy asked if he could mix just raisins in. Two VERY different cookies but only one cookie dough to make!
Nicole from Mom Always Finds Out created these Toffee Chocolate Chip cookies that look amazing and challenged us to come up with some mix-ins that would delight even Santa!
My recipe idea resembles one of my absolute favorite holiday treats: peppermint bark. You know – a layer of dark chocolate, a layer of white chocolate and crushed up peppermint candy? UGH it’s such a guilty pleasure of mine and I always go overboard eating it! So it only makes sense to create a cookie out of one of my favorite flavor combinations.
This mix of dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and crushed candy canes is delicious and only made better by the soft pillowy cookie base that surrounds it. The chocolates melt in your mouth while the candy canes melt down just enough while baking to give you almost a peppermint flavored toffee-esque crunch in each bite. It’s everything I think of when I go into holiday mode, and in cookie form no less!
Make enough to share with neighbors, teachers and family-these are the perfect tasty little gifts.
Try your hand at getting creative with the Make It Yours™ cookie dough this holiday season:
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spread
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- Your choice of mix-ins (We used ¾ cup each of dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and crushed candy cane)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Mix Country Crock® Spread, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended. (Dough will be soft and creamy.) Add dark and white chocolate chips & crushed candy cane and stir until well mixed.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.