This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Fourth of July is coming up and we love to celebrate with anything red white and blue. These fun popcorn balls look like traditional sno-cones, but there’s no worries about them melting on your hand! They’re simple to make and the kids LOVE the different flavors of popcorn. They are such a hit and the perfect addition to any Independence Day get together.
Patriotic Sno-Cone Popcorn Balls
- 2 Bags Popped Popcorn
- 2 c White Sugar
- 1/2 c Butter (1 stick)
- 1 c Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 packet cherry Kool-Aid
- 1 packet Blue Raspberry Kool-Aid
- Pre-heat oven to 225
- In a pot, mix together 1/2 of each of the sugar, butter and corn syrup and cook to a boil. Boil for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 packet of Kool-Aid and 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- Slowly add the Kool-Aid mix to the sugar mix. This will cause the sugar mix to puff up slightly so be careful.
- Pour the mixture over 1 bag of popped popcorn and stir until well coated.
- Repeat all the steps with the second color of Kool Aid.
- Place the covered popcorn onto separate baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Stir.
- Bake for another 10 minutes. Stir.
- Repeat one more time.
- Take the popcorn out of the oven and dump it onto parchment paper to cool slightly.
- Using buttered hands while the popcorn is still warm, take a little bit of red and a little bit of blue and form them together to create a ball.
- Place popcorn ball into a sno-cone paper cone.