This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
I love, love, LOVE apple desserts. One of the most delicious, and one of the easiest, apple desserts to make is apple crisp. However, I am not a fan of oats in my apple crisp. That’s why this is my favorite apple crisp recipe! My mom made this for me when I was young and now I bake it for my children.
Baking time may vary from 30-40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the sliced apples. So make sure you start checking it as it bakes!
The best way to enjoy apple crisp is warm, with ice cream to top it off! Delicious!
- 4-5 Apples (I prefer Granny Smith apples)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 unbeaten egg
- ⅓ cup of melted butter
- Butter to grease pan
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Core and slice the apples. Grease your 8x8 pan and lay the apples in it.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the egg and mix. The mixture should be crumbly.
- Sprinkle the entire crumble topping on top of the apples.
- Drizzle the melted butter on top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, enough to cover the entire top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until crispy.