This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
I love to have recipes that take almost no time or effort to prepare, yet are LOVED by everyone. This is one of those recipes. Everyone loves tacos, and this is a simple tweak of the traditional taco, just turning it inside out!
Look at it as a sort of “Taco Lettuce Wrap”.
|Inside Out Tacos|
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 can of green chilies
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 head of iceburg lettuce
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Doritos (or tortilla chips)
- Boil the chicken breasts in chicken broth, taco seasoning and chilies for 30 minutes. Shred and return to the liquid, boiling until the broth thickens a bit, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and prepare your lettuce head. Unwrap each leaf carefully.
- Serve buffet style for each person to prepare their tacos, top with crushed Doritos, tomatoes, guacamole, salsa, sour cream and cheese.