This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
With the end of the school year on the horizon, families are thinking about where they want to travel this summer and starting to plan their getaways. Wherever the destination, it is however much they’re able to see, do and experience that is critical to the vacation’s success, which is why Embassy Suites Hotels is announcing its “300% MORE Pledge” for family vacations. The full service, upscale all-suites hotel brand is pledging that families will get three times more enjoyment out of their trip when they stay at an Embassy Suites through its three signature offerings of free-cooked-to order breakfast, two-room suites and nightly Complimentary Evening Reception**. Helping them plan that memorable vacation with the expertise of television host Samantha Brown, the pledge will be brought to life with the declaration of three more summer “holidays” – MORE-days – that give families “300 percent more” excuses to travel this summer and giveaways of more during their stay on those days.
Embassy Suites has teamed up with Samantha Brown, television host and mother of two, to offer activity recommendations for summer hot spots and tips for easier family travel that will help parents plan an exciting and memorable summer trip for their clan. Families can create their personalized itineraries with city guides that include Samantha’s tips and insight into some of the most popular local activities and things to see.
“Summer is the time when families come together after a busy year of school and work. The vacation is about slowing down, playing together and sharing in the moments that strengthen the family bond and create memories to last a lifetime,” said Samantha Brown. “The destination you choose plays a really important role in making a trip memorable for all.”
Samantha offers the following tips for families traveling this summer:
- Let the kids help plan. Ask each member of the family to choose and plan one activity. The kids will like having a voice in family decisions, and everyone will feel invested in the vacation.
- Alleviate packing stress. Leave out a pad of paper a week before and begin to write down what to bring as the items come to mind. Then create a typed document from that list, print it out and use it as the packing checklist to and back from vacation.
- Rehearse the security line. Parents stress about the airport experience, particularly going through security. Do a “practice run” the night before. Pretend your kitchen table is where you put your things, a salad bowl acts as a bin, a doorway works as a metal detector. The more you prepare and make it an adventure the less stressful (and quicker) going through security will be.
- Take the first flight out. It can be tough getting up early, but the airport will be quiet. The first plane also has the greatest chance of leaving on time. As the day progresses, flight delays start to mount and the terminal becomes filled with travelers.
Giving 300% All Year Long
Families will also find that the 300% MORE pledge is fulfilled every day through its three signature amenities that keep families energized and prepared for a full vacation itinerary:
- Daily cooked-to-order breakfast that gives families the energy assurance that they’ll get the right start to tackle a packed trip agenda
- Two-room suites that offer the tantrum-free advantage where separate sleeping areas for parents and children translate to more restful sleep and fuss-free days
- The Complimentary Evening Reception’s pick-us-up promise that free drinks and snacks can help bridge the gap from the day’s activities to dinner without any meltdowns
“We believe that these hallmark Embassy Suites amenities will help families have a more enjoyable trip by powering up parents and kids to get the most out of the destination they came to explore,” says John Rogers, Global Head, Embassy Suites Hotels. “It’s part of our commitment to deliver more value and comfort to families staying with us, every day.”
For destination recommendations and travel tips from Samantha, visit the Embassy Suites Media Center and download the brand’s destination guidebook. Families can also stay connected to Embassy Suites on Facebook and Twitter. To make reservations, visit embassysuites.com or call 1-800-EMBASSY.
More Reason to Travel: Embassy Suites MORE-days
On each of these special MORE-days, lucky families at select hotels in top family vacation destinations – Chicago, Orlando, San Diego, San Antonio, Denver, New Orleans, Atlanta, St. Louis, Philadelphia and Washington, DC – will be surprised and delighted on property with ways to do, see and experience more. The MORE-days are centered around times during the summer that can lend families a little more for their trips:
- June 21, the summer solstice, which has the most daylight hours of the year for a jam-packed day of activities
- July 8, an extra day around the July Fourth holiday to enjoy with fewer crowds and less traffic
- August 1, or as Embassy Suites has crowned it, “July 32,” extending the month of July for one more day to keep the August back-to-school blues at bay
**Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age.
About Embassy Suites Hotels
Embassy Suites Hotels, one of Hilton Worldwide’s ten market-leading brands, gives guests more during every stay. The full-service, upscale brand offers spacious two-room suites, free cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Complimentary Evening Receptions with appetizers and beverages. Both leisure and business travelers looking for an approachable, upscale experience feel right at home in the brand’s inviting atrium environment. Embassy Suites Hotels has more than 210 properties across the Americas and nearly 35 more in the pipeline. For more information, visit embassysuites.com, and connect with Embassy Suites at embassysuitesmediacenter.com, facebook.com/embassysuiteshotels andtwitter.com/EmbassySuites.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 93 years, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 3,900 hotels and timeshare properties, with 650,000 rooms in 90 countries and territories and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®. Visitwww.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton Worldwide at www.facebook.com/hiltonworldwide, www.twitter.com/hiltonworldwide,www.youtube.com/hiltonworldwide, www.flickr.com/hiltonworldwide and www.linkedin.com/company/hilton-worldwide.