This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Espresso Oreo Cookie Balls
Oreo cookie balls are always a Holiday favorite. Who wouldn’t love chocolate cookies dipped in chocolate! There’s a never ending supply of ideas for fun twists on this old classic, and here’s my contribution to the oreo cookie ball catalog.
I always feel that espresso compliments chocolate so well, and add a small amount of instant espresso to chocolate cakes, brownies and other desserts, so I figured why not Oreo cookie balls too! The result is delicious, especially with the dark chocolate chips. These are rich and delicious, with a tiny pick me up built right in!
Since these were being served at a party, I used sparkly silver sugar for mine, but that’s totally optional. Use anything you want, including more crushed cookies. Red and green sprinkles would work well too!
Just remember, there is a good amount of caffeine in the instant espresso so keep that in mind if these will be served around kids. Every kid is different, but just one of these would be enough to send my four-year-old into a caffeine craze! She gets her own decaf version.
I hope you enjoy this twist on Oreo cookie balls!
- 40 oreo cookies (or any cream filled chocolate cookies)
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened at room temp.
- 2 Tablespoons instant espresso, divided
- 1 12oz package dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips
- Optional sprinkles for decoration
- Optional cake pop sticks
- Crush cookies in a food processor or with a mallet in a plastic bag.
- Mix crushed cookies with softened cream cheese and 1 Tablespoon of instant espresso, until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into aprox. 1 inch balls, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper or foil. Using a small ice cream or meatball scoop makes fast work!
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave according to package directions. Stir the remaining 1 Tablespoon of instant espresso into the melted chocolate.
- Put the cookie balls on cake pop sticks (if using) and dip into the melted chocolate.
- Place back on the cookie sheet and add sprinkles if using.
- Place in the refrigerator until chocolate is set. Store in the refrigerator.