This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
This post was sponsored by Country Crock®. All opinions are my own.
My boys and I wanted to take some homemade treats to our neighbors for the holidays. We love our neighbors and how much they love our boys so we always try to bring them treats when we bake them, but this time we wanted to bake with the sole purpose of taking them to our neighbors.
After going back and forth, we decided to bake cookies that bring together the delicious flavors of one of my favorite treats when winter rolls around-a cookie/cake bar chock full of cranberries with hints of orange and cinnamon and topped with a white chocolate frosting that is to die for. I get it at the coffee shop with a hot latte and savor the tasty festive flavors of the cranberries and orange.
I thought it might be nice to share these tasty flavors with the neighbors by using them in the Country Crock® Make It Yours™ recipe. We’ve already created a Peppermint Bark inspired cookie using the recipe and mixing in white chocolate, dark chocolate and crushed candy canes but this time around we’re going a little fruitier!
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spread
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- Your choice of mix-ins (We used 1 cup of dried cranberries, 3 Tbsp of dried orange peel or 1Tbsp fresh orange zest and ½ Tbsp of cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Mix Country Crock® Spread, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended. (Dough will be soft and creamy.) Add cranberries, orange peel and cinnamon.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
- Melt ½ cup of white chocolate chips in the microwave according to package instructions.
- Using a candy or icing piping bag (a ziplock will melt) drizzle melted chocolate over the cookies.
I mixed in 1 cup of dried cranberries, 3 tablespoons of dried orange peel (found in the baking aisle with the spices or you can use 1 tablespoon of fresh orange zest) and 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon. Once the cookies were baked, I drizzled them with melted white chocolate for the perfect finishing touch.
My boys and I boxed the cookies up and added hand drawn holiday cards and took them to each of our neighbors to enjoy with their coffee!
These cookies were easy to make with my boys thanks to the Make It Yours™ recipe from Country Crock®. It’s the only cookie recipe you’ll ever need because you can customize the base recipe by adding in your own mix-ins! I am able to make a large amount of the base recipe so we can create several different cookies without too much extra effort-a dream come true for a momma whose boys just LOVE to help out in the kitchen!