This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
In my family, only my husband likes cranberry sauce and let’s be real here; he alone can’t fulfill the cranberry to turkey ratio when it comes to leftovers. So with that being said, there is usually a lot of cranberry sauce that goes to waste. This year I was determined to not let that happen and came up with these Cranberry Cream Cheese Rolls, along with a savory dinner that I have on The Bewitchin’ Kitchen.
These cranberry cream cheese rolls are super easy to make. I used Grands Crescent Rolls, they make amazing cinnamon rolls and other desserts. I first tried out the crescents rolls with my recipe for Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls and they were a huge hit. A tasty dessert that requires minimal effort is a huge win in my books.
To make these crescent rolls into a cinnamon roll style dessert is easy: simply unroll the dough and pinch the seams together so it’s one big piece of carby-deliciousness.
Spread the cream cheese over the dough, layer on the cranberry sauce and sprinkle with a little sugar.
Roll it up, slice it into 14 1 inch pieces and bake. I made an eggnog glaze to pour over top of the rolls to keep with the holiday theme, but a regular glaze would be great too. Another option would be to whip cream cheese and any further cranberry sauce with a glaze base for a creamy berry frosting.
Looking for a savory way to use up even more cranberry sauce? Check out this cranberry balsamic chicken recipe.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Rolls with Eggnog Glaze
- 1 package of Pillsbury Grands Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce (I use the jelly variety)
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp eggnog
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
The How To:
Preheat oven to 375F
- Open the package of crescents rolls, gently unroll, and pinch the seams together.
- Spread the cream cheese over the dough and top with a layer of cranberry sauce. Sprinkle sugar over top.
- Roll the crescent rolls towards you (so it’s long and skinny) and cut into 1-inch pieces. You should have 14.
- Transfer to a greased pie plate and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the cranberry cream cheese rolls are baking, prepare the eggnog glaze.
- Pour the glaze over the rolls when they’re fresh out of the oven.
Note: mind how much you pour, if you pour too much the dough does soak up the glaze and the rolls get soft.
I hope you like this recipe and if you want to find out more about myself, check out my blog – The Bewitchin’ Kitchen. A big thank you to Simply Real Moms for allowing this guest post. Have a great Holiday season.
Randa is a millennial mom sharing how to cook, travel, & enjoy life over at her blog, The Bewitchin’ Kitchen, where she believes that lives are brought together at the kitchen table.