I’ll be the first to admit that I have a bit of a baby, toddler, and –well, now–preschool wearing addiction. I’ve owned eight, yes eight, soft structured carriers and wraps. A friend of mine posted a picture on Facebook of her 3-year-old in the TULA Toddler Carrier and I immediately thought to myself, I need to try that carrier!
Here I am, two months later, with the most comfortable soft structured carrier for older children ever–the TULA Toddler Carrier. The moment I opened the package in the mail, my son Christopher wanted to try it out. He was thrilled that he can be worn comfortably in the front. I had to beg him to let me put him on my back to try it to write about and review the back carry option as well as the front. Having just been in a different soft structured carrier the previous day (that shall remained unnamed), Christopher proclaimed, “Oh! This is so comfy!” as soon as he was secured in the TULA Carrier.
I asked him about why he loves the carrier so you can hear for yourself!
About one month ago, Christopher was 37 lbs and 39.5″ tall. I can wear him with comfort on the front and back (when he lets me!). He loves to be worn on the front and snuggle right up like he did when he was younger. Having such an active preschooler, I relish this time together, snuggled up close. I’m glad the TULA Toddler Carrier gives us one more way to stay close through the years as Christopher becomes more and more active.
- Even as a larger toddler/preschooler, the child can be worn on the front.
- The panel is 18″ tall and 19″ wide-providing a wider seat base for older children.
- It is for use for toddlers at about 18 months (25 lbs) through over 4-years-old.
- There is extra padding around the child’s leg area to provide more comfort. I do believe this was the selling point in comfort for Christopher!
- Hood for the comfort of sleeping children.
- Extra pocket on the hip band to place your belongings in.
TULA also has carriers designed specifically for younger babies with the same fabulous features. Find out more about the TULA Baby and Toddler Carriers by visiting their website or following them on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
I received the TULA Toddler Carrier to review, but all opinions are strictly my own.