This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
My family tries to make a hot breakfast at least once every weekend. We love the tried-and-true breakfast egg casseroles, waffles, french toast, etc. but we also love to try new things. This weekend, we tried sprucing up the regular old french toast bake that we all have recipes for, but instead of using french bread, I used a can of cinnamon rolls cut up. OH MY GOSH. Yum!! You all need to try this, it is absolutely amazing tasting, and it wasn’t soggy (like some french toast bakes get)!
|Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bake|
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can cinnamon rolls
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- pancake syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Pour melted butter into a small baking dish. I used my 1 1/2 qt Corningware, but a brownie pan or a little bigger would do as well. Separate cinnamon roll dough into separate rolls, setting the icing aside for later. Cut each roll into small pieces and add to buttered baking dish.
- Beat eggs, cream, cinnamon and vanilla until blended. Pour over cut pieces of cinnamon roll pieces.
- Drizzle syrup over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle icing over the top.
If you want to double the recipe, bake in a 9X13 pan for about the same amount of time.