This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
We are crazy about this chicken recipe! I can’t remember where I came across it, but I have been excited to make it again so I can share the glorious pictures with you all!
*NO GRILL? NO PROBLEM!*
These come out just perfect if you bake them in the sauce at 350 for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- ¼ of a white onion, chopped
- 4 stalks green onions, chopped
- ½ tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Place all ingredients but chicken into a large Ziplock bag and mix.
- Pour a little less than half of the sauce into a bowl and save in the refrigerator for later.
- Add chicken to the bag and let marinate at least two hours, overnight prefered.
- Grill over medium heat, basting with leftover sauce.
- Bring remaining sauce to a slow boil in a pan as you grill the chicken, and let it boil on low for 20-30 mins.
- Serve the chicken over white rice, and top with the boiled sauce.
We love to slice up a pineapple and grill it to serve on the side. If you want to grill pineapple, place it on the grill and turn as it gets a slight char. Char = done for fruits and veggies. I always double the recipe to freeze extra chicken thighs for a future meal! It will marinate perfectly that way! Simply thaw and grill up!
*Coconut milk is found in a can in the international aisle along with Asian foods at your local grocery store.
**Make your rice ahead! Use my MYO Minute Rice idea!