This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
I’ve been on the hunt for dinner and lunch recipes that leave me guilt-free after eating, especially now that it’s summer. I’ve noticed I have been using cauliflower more in my recipes, especially dinners that I can substitute rice for cauliflower and even mashed potatoes, which is my favorite recipe. So with all this cauliflower I knew I needed to incorporate it into my lunches somehow.
I remembered hearing a few of my friends talk about cauliflower pizza crust so I decided to give it a try. All I can say is, I will definitely be making these weekly. They are so incredibly tasty and just like any pizza, can be customized to your liking and the taste can change weekly just by adding new toppings.
The cauliflower pizza was simple to make and didn’t require many ingredients, which is always a win for me. I like things basic, easy and delicious. This recipe does make an individual sized pizza, so if you are making it for more than one, I would still make them individually, but add them all to the same baking pan so they are done at the same time. I haven’t tried anything bigger, as I am not sure the crust would hold, so I can’t speak for doubling the recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups grated cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 dried oregano
- 1/2 dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 crushed chili pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 425
- Grate the cauliflower head using a cheese grater or pulse in a food processor until you see rice-like bits.
- Microwave the grated cauliflower in a bowl for 6 minutes. After microwaved, place cauliflower in a fine mesh strainer and use a spatula to press out any liquid in the cauliflower. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT STEP! You can also use a cheese cloth or paper towels to finish getting the rest of the liquid out.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Move cauliflower to a bowl and fluff with a fork. Add garlic power, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and oregano. Mix well. Add one egg and stir until completely mixed.
- Place your “dough” on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and pat out to about 1/4 inch or slightly bigger. Making sure the layer is even.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Make sure the top is starting to brown before removing it.
- Remove from the oven and add desire toppings, return to oven and broil until cheese is melted.
- Let rest for a couple minutes before serving