This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
I am always on the hunt for that perfect Valentine’s Day cocktail. Something a little sweet with some edge that will set the mood for the evening. Whether you are planning a romantic evening with your significant other or spending the evening toasting with your closest girlfriends, the Strawberry Confusa will be the perfect addition to this special day.
The key in this cocktail is Pura Vida’s Añejo Tequila. Pura Vida’s Tequila is unlike most as it uses a secret Champagne yeast that was created especially for Pura Vida’s fermentation process. During the process, classical music is played over the tanks “to help deliver an extremely pure and clean profile without the stereotypical tequila bite.”
The fruit and herbal flavors work really well with this smooth and delicious Añejo Tequila.
- 2 oz Pura Vida Añejo Tequila
- ½ oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¾ oz Agave Nectar
- 2 Strawberries
- 2 Basil Leaves
- Muddle two hulled strawberries, basil, lemon juice, and
- agave nectar
- Add ice, Pura Vida Tequila, and shake
- Strain into an ice-filled glass and top with club soda
- Garnish with a strawberry and sprig of basil
Don’t forget to “like” Pura Vida on Facebook!
Cheers, and always remember to drink responsibly!
* I was given bottles to review and compensation for my time. However thoughts are completely my own.