This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
There’s not much better in this world than fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies, maybe only snuggles with my kids, my husbands eyes and sitting on the beach with no plans.
Kids, Husband, beach, warm cookies.
But not just any warm cookies. THESE warm cookies.
These are hands down the best chocolate chip cookies. The kind that make you stop and breathe in while your eyes are closed so that you can relish in the moment. You can’t stifle the audible sigh of “Mmmmmmmm” that comes out unplanned.
Because they are that good.
It started with a lemonade stand for my kids. They wanted to make lemonade to sell and earn a little extra cash and decided that adding cookies would help make that much more money. I made a batch of cookies and they were ok but I wanted to tweak the recipe a little bit more to make a cookie that is worth not only the calories but $1 at a lemonade stand.
So after a few more batches of cookies that were just fine, we tasted the last batch and said “YES!”. This was it.
Make them for your own lemonade stand or just a day on the beach, snuggling your kids while you stare into your significant other’s eyes…
World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks of butter, room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift and mix the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
3. Mix sugars and butter together with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer until smooth.
4. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time to the sugar/butter bowl and mix each one in.
5. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until the batter is all combined evenly.
6. Add chocolate chips and stir with a spoon.
7. For fluffier cookies, refrigerate dough for at least an hour before next step. I like the flat cookies because they have crispy edges. Cookies taste the same either way.
8. Spoon dough in 2 tablespoon balls onto a cookie sheet.
9. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until browned.
10. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack after about 5 minutes and let cool.