This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
It’s Fall which means root vegetables are in season: radishes, carrots, beets, and more. Lately I have been obsessed with radishes. I can’t get enough of them in my salads. However, I started realizing I didn’t know what else to do with them except for adding them to my salads. With a bunch of fresh radishes on my counter and no salad to put them in I decided to get a little creative in my kitchen. I knew that carrots baked well, so why not radishes?
I picked the radishes off the bunch, washed them and tossed them in some olive oil, seasoning, and carrots, and threw them in the oven. While they were baking I saw a friend of mine posting about making homemade pasta sauce which gave me a great idea. Right before the veggies were done baking I threw in some tomatoes. My husband thought I was crazy, but I told him to just wait and we will see how they come out. After the veggies were done, I tossed in some fresh lemon juice and served it as a side dish. Not only did my husband gobble it up, for the first time my children ate radishes! The dish was THAT delicious. My husband even went back for seconds and the baked tomatoes actually ended up being his favorite part of the dish.
This dish was so easy that it is now my favorite go-to side dish when I am in a rush to make dinner.
- 1 bunch small to medium radishes, about 12
- 12 baby carrots
- 12 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon half
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the radishes and carrots on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bake for another 10 minutes, until root vegetables are tender yet firm in the center.
- Squeeze with a little lemon juice and serve.