This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Once a week, I visit a local playroom with my daughter, who loves to go from toy to toy, checking them out and tossing them aside within minutes. It’s great because this place has a gazillion toys, balls, puzzles, etc, and I don’t have to clean up the mess!
One visit, Isla came across something she hadn’t discovered before—a beautiful miniature baby grand piano complete with a working keyboard and child-sized bench. And once she found that, that’s where she stayed for the remainder of our time, happily banging out tunes and sometimes even “singing” along.
She loved it so much I decided we needed one at home. We received the white baby grand piano from Schoenhut, the company that makes these adorable little instruments, right before Isla’s first birthday. Although they are recommended for children aged three and up, Isla loves “playing” the piano! She spends time with it every day, and I often find myself giving her “piano breaks” when she gets bored with other toys. I plop her in front of the keyboard and she bangs away!
Here are a few of my favorite features of the piano:
• Appearance: This miniature version of a baby grand piano is beautiful. It looks great in the nursery, but I would have no problem putting it in any room in our house!
• Easy to assemble: Believe it or not, I put this together myself in about 15 minutes! It was super simple to assemble with easy-to-follow directions.
• Durability: This sturdy wooden piano with spindle legs is made to stand up to a toddler’s or small child’s everyday use.
• Music: Small hammers striking metal rods for a chime-like tone give Schoenhut pianos’ a unique sound. The 30-key keyboard spans two and a half octaves with full-width keys to provide a good foundation to transition to a larger model.
• Learning System: Schoenhut’s Learning System, with its play-by-color assortment of songs, makes it easy for older children to learn a few basic songs. A removable, color-coordinated strip fits behind the keys to guide small fingers from chord to chord. The corresponding song book contains a collection of familiar tunes. This Learning System has been specially designed to build a child’s confidence and develop basic playing skills.
• Foundation: My husband and I want music to be a big part of our daughter’s life and can’t wait to start her on piano lessons some day! The Schoenhut piano is providing her with a foundation and familiarity with the instrument that will give her a great start!
• Variety of Models: The miniature baby grand piano we received comes in white, black, pink and red. But there is so much more to choose from at Schoenhut! There are Tabletop Pianos, Piano Pals, Upright Pianos and even String Pianos! Check them all out to see what’s right for your child!
What I really like about my Schoenhut piano is their commitment to the customer:
Along with many of Albert Schoenhut’s original designs, we began offering new styles and colors each year. All prototypes are designed and hand-built by Len (company owner).
Our promise to you is 100% customer satisfaction. We are proud of Schoenhut’s reputation for safe toys and high quality products, trademarks of the company since 1872.
We have met thousands of interesting people at trade shows, concerts, media events, and during tours of our factory. There is always a new story: a pet learning to play a toy piano, details of how a child’s introduction to music later resulted in a successful career, or pictures of vintage Schoenhut pianos that have been in families for over a century. We love hearing when a special needs child is inspired by one of our musical instruments. Nothing makes us happier than finding a good home for a Schoenhut toy. As we tell anyone who has a question about Schoenhut, we are just a phone call or e-mail away.
I received a product for review but all opinions are my own.