This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
I wish I could say that I’ve always been a pretty healthy person, but sadly I can’t. It wasn’t until I got pregnant with my first born that I started to take a look at my health. I knew that he needed me to be in the best health I could be- both during pregnancy and after he was born.
I started to eat foods that were higher in protein, omitting fried foods from my diet and cutting my sugar intake in half. Don’t get me wrong, I still like to indulge here and there, but it isn’t nearly as much as I was doing previously.
Since I was eating healthier, I decided to make working out something I did regularly. As a mom I rarely have time to head to the gym so I started to incorporate simple workouts to my every day life. Things I could do with my child. I would hold him and do squats, push-up kisses and more. You can find out easy ways to utilize the space around you here: The Whole World Is A Gym.
And vitamins? Don’t even get me started. Even though I was eating healthy, I still wasn’t getting enough vitamins, especially when I was pregnant. Did you know up to 91% of pregnant women in the U.S are deficient in vitamin D and that women in the U.S only get 40% of the omega-3s they need daily?
There are so many health benefits vitamin D3 and Omega-3s provide to for both mom and baby. Luckily Nordic Naturals offers a variety of omega-3 and vitamin D3 products.
Prenatal DHA- Official Omega-3 of the American Pregnancy Association
Prenatal DHA supports healthy pregnancy and optimal brain and eye development in babies. They are small and easy-to- swallow , soft gels that come in delicious strawberry or unflavored for sensitive palates.
Postnatal Omega-3 – Official Postnatal Omega-3 of the American Pregnancy Association
Provides mood support for new moms and helps maintain DHA levels in the breast milk to support infant neurological development. * It also supports optimal fat metabolism and comes in a great lemon taste.
Baby’s Vitamin D3 – Official Baby’s Vitamin D of the American Pregnancy Association
400 I.U. of Vitamin D3 per drop meets the American Academy of Pediatrics daily recommendation.
Made with 100% wild Arctic cod or marine algae formulation to support healthy infant brain, nervous system, and visual development.
Here are some easy tips to help you stay healthy for your child:
- Choose foods higher in protein and lower in fats. Always opt to bake your foods instead of frying.
- Increase your water intake. I recommend filling up insulated water bottles and keeping them on hand. It’ll remind you to drink more and they stay cold which is perfect for moms on-the- go.
- Make sure you are taking vitamin supplements daily. We recommend Nordic Naturals not only because their #1 concern is health, but because their award-winning products are not only proven pure and effective, they taste great.
- Try and get a good night’s sleep. I know that may be hard when you are at the newborn stage with your child, but when the opportunities come for a nap or an early bedtime, seize that opportunity.
- Exercise daily if you can. Anything helps. Whether it’s a walk, working out with a DVD or even utilizing some of those easy ways to use your house and chores as exercise, make sure you are doing something to stay active. Your body and mind will thank you later.
Want to try Nordic Naturals for yourself? Order some today, and use the promo code
CAFEMOM to save 15%!
*This is a sponsored post, all opinions are my own.