This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Ok mamas, spring is officially here with summer hot on its heels. With the warmer weather on its way, its time to get into some good habits when it comes to your beauty routine.
Resolutions aren’t just for the new year! So let’s resolve to make a habit of these five beauty rituals and reap the benefits all year long.
1. Moisturize: When you step out of the shower every morning, pat yourself dry, but keep your skin a little damp. Have a bottle of your favorite moisturizing lotion close by to slather all over your body. Don’t forget your hands and face (although you should use a different moisturizer specially formulated for your face). This is an easy step to skip, but as we get older, our skin needs a little more help in staying hydrated. Drinking plenty of water will also help!
2. Sun Protection: You know how I mentioned using a moisturizer formulated for your face? It should have at least an SPF 15 built in. And during the summer, when you’re wearing sleeveless tops and shorts, your body lotion should also feature SPF. Obviously, you’ll want to use sunscreen if you’re going to the beach or spending serious time outdoors, but it’s easy to get burnt just by running your daily errands if you aren’t careful, so look for a moisturizer with SPF.
3. Brow Shaping: This is going to mean something different to everyone. I get my brows shaped by an esthetician every six to eight weeks. However, I have thick, dark brows that need it. If you are a blonde or have sparse brows, this probably isn’t necessary. Do a little shaping and plucking on your own, or see a professional at your salon when you’re getting a hair cut. A nicely shaped brow will open up your eyes and change your entire face. Just don’t overpluck!
4. Exfoliation: Using an exfoliating cleanser or even just gentle scrubbing with a wash cloth removes dead skin cells and brightens your complexion. But there’s such a thing as too much exfoliating—keep your sessions to every two or three days rather than every morning. And don’t forget to buy a nice scrubby sponge to exfoliate the rest of your body, too—especially in the summer when you’ll bare more skin.
5. Clarifying Shampoo: If you’re using styling products (hair spray, mousse, gel, shine sprays, etc.), you’re going to get some build up. To combat this, buy a clarifying shampoo to use once a week. Do NOT use it every day. Clarifying shampoos are meant to strip out build up and can be hard on color-treated hair if used daily. Ask your stylist to recommend a good one that’s right for your hair type.
Incorporate these easy rituals into your beauty routine and before you know it, they’ll be great habits you won’t even think about!