This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Over the last year I have become quite obsessed with Coconut Oil. Research has shown so many different benefits of Coconut Oil that I am so surprised when I hear people say they’ve never used it. It has become a major staple in my home from cooking, beauty regimen, and living a healthier lifestyle. Whether you use generic coconut oil, name brand coconut oil, or make your own, one thing I can tell you is that you will always find beneficial ways to use it. Here’s a list of our favorite 25 uses for coconut oil.
- Replace vegetable oil and olive oil with coconut oil. We love to fry our chicken in coconut oil. Delicious and healthy.
- Lather in your hair as a leave-in conditioner overnight for softer and healthier hair.
- Use on split ends to help de-frizz.
- Replaces shaving cream.
- Replace store bought lotion with coconut oil for soft skin.
- Place on mosquito bites to reduce itching.
- Use with Apple Cider Vinegar for a natural head lice treatment.
- Use as an eye makeup remover.
- Use as a cheekbone highlighter (goodbye expensive makeup!)
- Melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil with a cup of brown sugar and a few drops of essential oil for a homemade body scrub.
- Skip the store-bought massage oil and go straight to the source. Many massage oils use coconut oil as an ingredient anyways.
- Use in your bathtub with some Epsom Salt to help soothe muscles.
- Use to hydrate and moisturize your lips.
- Use coconut oil to relieve the pain from a sunburn.
- Treat dry, flaky cuticles by rubbing coconut oil into your nail beds.
- Boost your metabolism by simply replacing cooking oil or butter with coconut oil.
- Use as a natural fire starter by soaking a cotton balls in melted coconut oil, pack in a ziplock bag, then slightly pull apart the ball and light. Toss in the kindling and you’ve got fire.
- Wipe some coconut oil onto patent leather to boost shine.
- Add to your smoothie for an energy boost.
- Substitute unhealthy butter in your popcorn with melted coconut oil. SO yummy!!!
- Try eating a small spoonful of coconut oil or adding it into your tea to help reduce the pain of a sore throat.
- Replace nipple cream with coconut oil to help reduce cracked or painful nipples from breastfeeding,
- Improve acne and redness by adding a thin layer to your face after cleaning normally.
- Rub coconut oil on your stomach to help prevent stretchmarks.
- Layer coconut oil over a low SPF sunscreen for a tanner in the summer.
If you are looking for a brand of coconut oil while shopping on a budget, I recommend Trader Joe’s. They have a great coconut oil that we always keep our house stocked with.