This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Holy cow guys.
These cookies are ah-may-zing.
I love me some peppermint bark (you know: chocolate, white chocolate and peppermint chips all mixed together for yumminess?) and it really is the taste of Christmas for me. Mmmmmmm …
I’ve seen a bunch of recipes going around for cookies with peppermint in them, so I adapted a simple chocolate chip cookie recipe to make it my own Christmas-y treat.
Here ya go!!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (12) peppermint candy canes, completely crushed into tiny bits
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla on medium speed just until smooth, about two minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until mixed in, then stir in the dry ingredients.
- Mix in white chocolate chips, chocolate chips and peppermint bits until the peppermint bits are evenly mixed in.
- Divide the dough into quarters. Roll each quarter into a log about two inches wide.
- Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut ¾ inch thick slices into each of the logs and place the slices 2 inches apart onto baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Bake until cookies are slightly brown, about 10 minutes.
- Once firm enough to handle, let cookies cool on wire racks.
- Recipe yields about 40 cookies.
My oh my. These cookies didn’t last too long around here, so make a bunch! Perfect for your holiday cookie exchanges too!
Looking for a faster, more semi-homemade version?
Simply buy sugar cookie mix or sugar cookie dough and add the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and candy cane bits! Cook according to the dough/mix directions!