This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
We recently went to a holiday party where I took a gorgeous cranberry-swirled cheesecake for dessert … for the adults. It was a huge hit, but I knew it probably wasn’t going to be the right sweet treat for all the toddlers and kids who were there.
So I turned to an old favorite for the kids—Rice Krispie treats. But this time, I made them into a festive Christmas tree nobody could resist!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Green food coloring
- Festive sprinkles
1. Melt marshmallows and butter in microwave, stopping after 1 minute to stir. Heat another 30 seconds or longer (until melted).
2. Stir in a few drops green food coloring to tint marshmallows green.
3. Stir in Rice Krispies until thoroughly coated.
4. Spray jelly-roll pan or cookie sheet with sides with non-stick spray and press Rice Krispie mixture into pan.
5. Cover with sprinkles.
6. With a greased knife, cut out shape of tree and transfer to a lightly-sprayed serving platter.
7. Use smaller Christmas tree cookie cutters to cut trees out of remaining treats.