This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
I have a love of auto shows. It’s such an exciting time in the automotive industry where new vehicles are unveiled at press conferences throughout the show.
Earlier this week Kia invited me to attend the Los Angeles Auto Show (LAAS) with them for their unveiling of the 2017 Kia Sportage. This was my first time attending LAAS and I am so happy to have had this experience with them.
In true Kia fashion we kicked off the week with an incredible 4-course dinner at Redbird in Los Angeles. If you’ve never eaten there, you need to make a reservation whenever you are in the area. Not only is the food phenomenal, but Redbird is carved into one of the city’s most historic architectural gems, inside the former rectory building of Vibian.
The next day was the first press day at LAAS. Since Kia’s press conference wasn’t until later in the day, we checked out all the auto show had to offer. From new vehicles on display from the car brands you know and love to fun booth set ups like Hot Wheels, the LA Auto Show was definitely an exciting place to be.
The Hot Wheels booth showcased awesome displays like a life-sized Darth Vader Hot Wheels car and giant racing tracks for people to race hot wheels down.
When we made our way to the Kia Booth we were surprised with their KIA Ballast Point Sedona, which was pouring their Sculpin IPA and Pale Ale. I am pretty sure if there were a vote, Kia would have won best booth. I mean… craft beer and cars, it’s a win-win!
Kia is always pushing ahead with style, technology, comfort and affordability and that is definitely proven with the all-new 2017 Kia Sportage. Nothing was spared in the development. It exudes power and agility from every angle, and is built to thrive in the desert and the city.
Here are the top 5 things you need to know about the 2017 Kia Sportage:
1. Looks. The 2017 Sportage is more aggressive from every angle. It’s the widest vehicle in its segment and its wheel base is stretched 1.2 inches. The headlamps are positioned higher than the previous model and they lowered and stretched out the front grille to add more visual width to the CUV. LED Daytime Running Lights do come standard on the Sportage.
2. Style. The 2017 Sportage delivers a new sense of style inside and out. If you want style, look no further than Kia because they definitely know what they are doing. The Sportage LX comes standard with 17″ Alloy wheels, and soft touch materials are found on the dash and door panels.
3. Technology. Sportage is loaded with technology. From a Harmon Kardon audio system to UVO3, which is a first for Kia. UVO3 provides 14 services free of charge, which features things like diagnostics, geofencing and more. Andriod Auto and Apple Car Play will also be available.
4. Safety. There are a ton of safety features built into the new Sportage. Features like Blind Spot Detection, Autonomous Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Assist, and a Backup Camera that comes standard on all 3 trims.
5. Spaciousness. There is more head room, more leg room, and easier access to cargo area. Fun fact: the 2017 Sportage has more room than the BMW X5.
After the auto show, we were all starving so we headed to Hollywood to end an amazing day with dinner at Yamashiro Hollywood.
The 2017 Kia Sportage will go on sale in the new year, with pricing to be announced closer to release. We can’t wait to get behind the wheel and give you our complete thoughts.
Huge thanks to Kia for this incredible experience at LAAS!