Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
Are you and your spouse looking to have fun and stay in shape this summer? It’s time to break out of the old dinner-and-a-movie rut and liven things up a bit. Summer is the perfect time to venture out and find new ways to spice up your romance. Not only will your relationship feel rejuvenated, it will help you stay in shape too!
10 Dates to Help You Burn Calories This Summer:
1. Bike Riding—Hop on your bikes and bike to your favorite restaurant, shopping area or forest preserve.
2. Kayaking—This is a great way to be active and spend quality time together. My hometown has a nighttime kayaking firework display and this is one of our favorite date-night activities.
3. Dancing—Put on a sassy dress and hit the dance floor! This is always a great way to burn calories and have fun.
4. Go Hiking—find a local forest preserve and explore! Even better, pack a blanket and picnic basket and have a light lunch.
5. Play Golf—I always thought golf was boring until I tried it with my husband. It really wasn’t so bad, and I enjoyed being outdoors and spending time with him. Not up for a full 18 holes? A game a miniature golf can be just as fun.
6. Learn How to Rock Climb—Try something new with rock climbing! Not only is it fun, but you will burn a lot of calories and be sore from such a great workout the next day.
7. Go to the Zoo—Be big kids for a day. Spend a day outside and enjoy observing the animals. Be sure to go on the rides, too!
8. Play Tennis—There’s nothing like a little healthy competition to spice your romance up a bit.
9. Go for a Long Walk and Late-Night Swim—It doesn’t get much more romantic than this. Hit up your local lake or beach and put this date-night activity up your must-do list this summer.
10. Be a Tourist for a Day—Go to a nearby town and explore. Walk around and see the sights; go shopping or visit a new amusement park.
So what are you waiting for? Enjoy new activities with your partner and stay in shape—your health will thank you for it!
*Disclosure: Always consult the advice of your doctor before starting an exercise program.