My family loves to have appetizers during the holidays. This year, we tried several news ones that I’m excited to share with you! The Mini Crab Salads are the perfect appetizer. They are simple to prepare ahead of time and throw together when your guests are arriving. Mini Crab Salads are a flavorful, bite size treat your whole family will enjoy.
There are three things you have to prepare for this appetizer: wonton cups, dressing and crab mix.
You will prepare the wonton cups in a mini cupcake tray:
- 18 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 1 diced stalk of celery
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1/2 diced cup mango
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Brush the wonton wrappers with canola oil.
- Place each wrapper into a section of a mini-muffin tin, pressing each wrapper into gently into the tin.
- Add salt for flavor.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- For the dressing: Mix the zest, lime juice, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. Add olive oil and continue to mix until all mixed together.
- Mix the crab meat, celery, mango, scallion and cilantro. Add dressing and stir.
- Scoop the salad into each baked wonton wrapper and serve.