Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
Christmas is this week and you may have procrastinated on the Christmas cookie making. It’s OK, I always do. In fact, I am the queen of procrastination. However don’t let the stress get to you. I have found decorating already made cookies is one of my favorite ways to do Christmas cookies. They are easy, fast and fun.
Oreo’s have to be the best cookies you can buy and decorate because there are so many options you can create. You can do snowmen, half dark chocolate/ half white chocolate, reindeer, Santa, peppermint, etc. Really, if you can think it, you can probably achieve it. My two favorite last-minute Christmas cookies are Peppermint Oreo Pops and Snowman Oreo’s. The ingredients are easy as you only need the items to decorate.
Peppermint Oreo Pops
- Candy Canes
- Double Stuffed Oreo
- 2 bags of White Candy Melts
- Lollipop sticks* (this is optional as you can leave these as just Peppermint Oreo’s)
- Open up the Oreo so that the cream inside is exposed, using a butter knife remove a slit out of the white frosting, enough for your lollipop stick can fit inside.
- Melt a handful of white candy melts accordingly. Directions are on the bag.
- Take the lollipop stick and dip it into the melted white candy melt. Lay it inside the slit inside the frosting. Take a dab of melted white candy melt and put it on your removed Oreo cookie piece and place it over the frosting again, covering the lollipop stick. Set aside until dried.
- While drying, take a few pieces of candy canes and place into a Ziploc bag. With the back of a spoon begin hitting the candy canes and crushing them. Once crushed place into a bowl.
- Once dried, place all white candy melts into a bowl and melt accordingly. Dip your Oreo’s into the melted candy melt then sprinkle crushed candy canes over the Oreo piece.
- Place Oreo pops on either waxed parchment paper or into a strainer.
You can take a strainer and turn it upside down. The lollipop sticks fit perfectly into the holes and can dry easily that way.
- Double Stuffed Oreos
- Colored Candy Melts (use white, orange, black and any color you want for the beanie)
- Optional: Sprinkles for decoration
- Melt white candy melt accordingly. Directions on bag.
- Once melted, spread white melted candy melt onto the top of your oreo cookie.
- Melt orange and colored candy melts and using a tooth pick or left over lollipop sticks, decorate your snowman. We used orange melts for the nose, then took white candy melts to make the eyes and mouth and sprinkled with black sprinkles since we had that in our pantry. However, using melted black candy melts would have been much easier and nicer looking. We also used pearl candy to line the bottom of the beanie to give it a more Christmas look.
- Take M&M, put a little melted candy melt on the bottom and place on the top of the decorated beanie.
- Place aside until dried.