Lisa Lillien, author of the The Hungry Girl Cookbook series wows fans again with her new supermarket survival guide. Hungry Girl Supermarket Survival: Aisle by Aisle, HG-Style! is an aisle-by-aisle guide to the grocery store that will help you choose the right guilt-free foods while grocery shopping. This is not your typical boring grocery pocket guide; Hungry Girl guides you through each aisle of the supermarket and explains in detail which items she recommends and why. I like to call this book, my “Shopping Healthy for Dummies” guide!
Inside the Hungry Girl Supermarket Survival: Aisle by Aisle, HG-Style! you will find:
- Hungry Girl’s complete supermarket list with aisle-by-aisle healthy food finds.
- Hungry Girl’s All-Star picks for grocery-store nutrition standouts.
- Calorie counts and comparisons for foods according to each aisle.
- Guilt-free meal ideas and snack solutions for when cravings hit!
- Easy-to-digest nutrition label info.
I have come to love this book for many reasons, and now I won’t head to the grocery store without it. Here is a small list of my favorite parts of the book:
- It’s broken down into easy-to-read categories so you can find exactly what you’re looking for—that’s very important when you’re trying to shop with a toddler!
- Hungry Girl offers many fantastic alternative items to “non-healthy” products, which is nice when you have a family full of picky eaters like I do.
- Hungry Girl offers tips for making your meals taste EXACTLY like the fatty, high-calorie versions of your most-loved meals. This is key for me because I hate it when low-calorie foods lack flavor—I never like to sacrifice taste! She even points out her “all-star” foods for each category that are not only good for you, but taste the best.
If you find you love this book, you’ll most likely fall in love with her others. Here are some of my favorites!
Pick up a copy of Hungry Girl Supermarket Survival: Aisle by Aisle, HG-Style! for a better grocery shopping experience! You can also find Hungry Girl on Facebook and Twitter for the latest recipe ideas and book news. Eat healthy foods without compromising taste!
*I received this book for review but these words are strictly my own.