Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
Want to bring a delicious treat into the office on Valentine’s Day? Or maybe whip something up for a Valentine’s play date? This coffee cake is the perfect recipe!
It’s simple, delicious and looks great when baked in a heart-shaped pan! Also, the recipe incorporates frozen strawberries, which is great for this time of year when fresh are at a premium and definitely not at their best.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 packages frozen strawberries, thawed (10 oz each)
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Grease and flour pan; preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor and blend until completely combined. Strawberries should be blended throughout, not chunky.
- Bake for 30 minutes or inserted toothpick comes out clean of center.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve with a side of fresh cream and strawberries.
NOTE: This makes a large cake so you may have extra batter. I put mine in a loaf pan and baked a separate cake to freeze for later. You can also make this in a Bundt pan.